About Modi Public School
Modi Public School (MPS), Siliguri is a CBSE, co-educational day cum residential school at Matigara, Siliguri, West Bengal. The school is a franchisee of Modi Public School, Kota, Rajasthan(a renowned group involved in the field of education). MPS brings Joseph Rozario Culinary Academy, a first of its kind in the region, which provides students a chance to learn and hone their culinary skills. The school provides ample facilities for children to sharpen their skills in art, music, dancing, swimming, oration, games, ect. To keep abreast with the most modern informations and techniques of learning, we provide smart classes, computer labs, well equipped science and maths labs, library and many “play-way” learning activities.
Knowledge is to wisdom as success is to greatness.
Academics par excellence
- MPS Siliguri offers education to students from Nursery onwards to standard 10 and will expand upto standard 12.
- We maintain an appropriate Teacher – Student ratio of 1:20 which ensures individual attention to the students.
- We have a dedicated and qualified faculty.
- Students’ progress is continuously monitored in scholastic and co-scholastic areas through continuous assessment and periodic evaluation.
- counselling and remedial classes form an integral part of school academic program.
- We aim at developing an all round individual who is strong enough to sustain and creative enough to foster the needs of society.
The school curriculum is broadly divided into Primary, Middle and Senior Secondary sections.
Learning by doing: We believe in training the children not by force and harshness but by directing them to it, by what amuses them.
Along with providing a regular study pattern, we feel this is a confident generation who possess capacity to work hard. At this stage, conceptual skill related to language, numbers and environment are developed in co-relation with art, music, dance, sports and moral values.
Senior Secondary School
As per CBSE directives, the school is based on Continious and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) system of the learner through a point grading system. This system.
- Eliminates unhealthy cut throat competition.
- Reduces societal pressure and providing more flexibility to the learner.
- Focuses on better learning environment.
- Minimizes the misclassification of the students on the basic of marks through comprehensive and regular evaluation.
- Acts as a tool of diagnosis & remedy.
- Provides space for creative teaching.
“Everyone starts the smallest social circle of a family to include a community, a country and a world”
A student must understand and accept this thought. To promote the same value based education in students we work altogether as “morality brings about universal happiness”.
“Education is not merely the learning of science and the arts but also consist of learning ethical and spiritual values as well.” Activities like music, dance and arts develop an aesthetic sense of fulfillment and attribute to the overall development of a child.
Music & Dance
Music is an art form whose medium is sound and dance gives it completion. In Modi School, we feel that music rejuvenates the young minds. Our fully equipped music and dance rooms contain variety of instruments. Various forms of Indian dance are also taught.
Special Extra-Curricular Activities
MPS brings Joseph Rozario’s Culinary Academy by Chef Joseph Rozario, second runner up of Masterchef India Season 2. A first for any school in Bengal, this academy will provide students a chance to learn and hone their culinary skills to the best of their abilities.